This course is designed for those personnel involved in the extraction of a casualty from a non-atmospheric related incident or form part of the rescue team. Therefore the aim of this course is to educate learners in a realistic environment by preparing them to work safely; entering, using rescue equipment; following procedures and dealing with emergencies. Those attending this course must be suitably qualified with the appropriate first aid skills.
- The learner can demonstrate that they are able to:
- Prepare to work safely under emergency conditions..
- Use rescue equipment safely and in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions.
- Follow procedures and work safely.
- Deal with emergencies.
- Use appropriate behaviour for carrying out emergency rescue and recovery of casualties.
Course content includes:
- Rescue equipment
- First Aid for casualty recovery / extraction
- Search Procedures.
- Rescue Techniques
- Practical exercises
This course is assessed by:
- Direct observation of a rescue
- Practical application of Casualty Extraction
Course Duration: 7 guided learning hours i.e. 1 day
Type of Certificate: Competence based, valid for 3 years
Min/Max Persons on Course: 6/8
Call 01925 244 144