Duration: 1 Day
Participants: Managers, Operators and engineers working in Hazardous Areas.
Maximum number of participants: 12
Aim: To provide the delegate with the knowledge to safely operate, install and maintain mechanical and electrical equipment in compliance with applicable legislation and company procedures.
Objectives: Upon successful completion of the training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the requirements of the ATEX Directives and Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations
- Understand the Properties of Flammable Materials
- Understand typical Sources of Ignition
- Understand the principles of Hazardous Area Zone classifications
- Understand the risks associated with :-
- Flammable Substances in storage
- Handling Flammable/Explosive substances
- Mechanical and electrical equipment in flammable zones
- Understand Gas Groups and Temperature Classifications
- Understand differing types of portable gas monitors, their safe use limitations
- Understand company Safe Work procedures in Zoned Areas
- Understand Equipment Marking and Enclosure Types.
- H&S Legislation, ATEX Directive, DSEAR,
- Safe Working Procedures
- Flammable Atmospheres (Guidance on Identification and design and Related Issues)
Methods: Power Point Presentation, Lecture, Assessment, Case Studies
Call 01925 244 144