This unit is required by construction/utility supervisors who, under the New Roads and Streetworks Act 1991, are required to demonstrate their competence in monitoring operatives removing/laying modular and concrete surfacing.
Operatives must be experienced and currently employed in working on Public Highways, as this unit predominately focuses on assessment.
- Monitor reinstatement of concrete block in carriageways and footways.
- Monitor reinstatement of paving slabs in footways.
- Monitor reinstatement of concrete footways.
- Monitor site safety.
Course content includes:
- Producing a reinstatement design and method statement from the specifications
- for modular surfaces and concrete footway reinstatement.
- Observing an operative carrying out a modular surface, concrete slabs and
- concrete reinstatement in accordance with the specifications and confirm that
- the reinstatement is within permitted tolerances.
- Monitoring operatives repositioning edge restraints/kerbs and ironwork at the
- correct profiles and free from defects.
- Recording observations made and explanations for reasons for agreeing or
- disagreeing with site operations and working practices.
- Monitoring the suitability of compaction equipment selected for the materials
- being used.
- Determining any remedial action required.
- Calculating material quantities for modular, slabs and concrete reinstatements.
- Provide sufficient underpinning knowledge evidence by way of oral or written questions.
Course Duration: 6.5 hours contact time i.e. one day [for very experienced operatives]
[Note: this unit is normally run in combination with other units]
Type of Certificate: Competence based, valid for ‘5’ years
Accreditations: CGLI or CABWI or SCOTVEC
Call 01925 244 144