The effectiveness of any fall protection equipment is dependant partly on its condition. It is important therefore, that equipment is properly inspected and maintained and that records are kept.
This course has been designed for Managers, Safety Officers, Supervisors or any person who may have responsibility for the competent inspection of fall protection equipment at the detailed or interim level.
Persons wishing to attend this course must have some experience in either Fall Protection Products or the inspection of web/rope based products.
- By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the responsibilities of a competent person.
- List the regulations and standards that require FPE to be inspected.
- Be able to plan, implement and maintain an inspection regime.
- Explain why faulty equipment must be properly disposed of.
- List the different parts of the equipment that need inspection.
- Demonstrate how to inspect a harness and prepare an inspection report.
Course content includes:
- Definition of a Competent Person
- Regulations & standards affecting inspection and maintenance
- Different inspection regimes
- CE marks and product labelling
- Inspection records
- Maintenance, storage and cleaning
- Harnesses and belts
- Lanyards and energy absorbers
- Fall arrest blocks
- Ropes and rope grabs
- Tripods and winches
- Practical Examination
- Written Examination
Underpinning knowledge of Working at Height to same level as detailed in FP01 1-day Basic Fall Arrest course.
Course Duration: 6.5 hours contact time i.e. one day
Type of Certificate: Competence based, valid for 3 years
Accreditations: Not applicable
Min/Max Persons on Course: 4/6
Call 01925 244 144