The ‘National Scheme’ replaces all Water Company Blue/green card schemes. The scheme covers all personnel working with drinking water, whether they are water company employees or contractors. All UK water companies are on board with the scheme including Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales. This now includes self lay organisations working on new development sites. The new scheme is national with the same training and testing for the whole country.
To provide an understanding of the need for good hygiene, when working with potable water.
- To ensure that all individuals are aware of the ways in which potable water could be contaminated
- To ensure that individuals who work with potable water understand it is their responsibility not to allow the water to become polluted
- To ensure that individuals reach a nationally agreed level of training, testing and medical clearance. This being successfully answering at least 22 out of 25 questions in the National Water Hygiene test
- There are 3 elements to the training to obtain the card:
- Participation on the training course
- Completion of a Health Screening Questionnaire
- Successful completion of the National Water Hygiene test
Card is valid for 3 years. The individual is responsible for ensuring that their details are kept current with Energy & Utility Skills.
Course Duration: 3 hours contact time i.e. half day
Type of Certificate: valid for 3 years
Accreditations: Energy & Utility Skills
Min/Max Persons on Course: 12
Call 01925 244 144