The SMSTS Re-Certification training course was introduced on 1 April 2002 as part of the Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS).
All SMSTS training course certificates issued after 1 January 2001 are valid for a five year period only from the date of issue.
This two-day SMSTS Re-certification training course will enable current SMSTS certificate holders to renew their qualification. It is designed to ensure that personnel maintain and up-date their current health and safety knowledge covering changes to legislation, approved codes of practice and best working practice within the industry.
Please note: Only those individuals who have passed the five day SMSTS training course and provided evidence of this will be eligible to take the two day SMST Re-Certification course.
Upon completion candidates will be able to:
- Appreciate recent developments in construction legislation accident causation and reasons for prevention;
- Understand relevant legislation; Approved Codes of Practice, Guidance Notes and Case Law;
- Conduct risk assessments;
- Monitoring health and safety performance;
- Understand best practice in the management of sub-contractors;
- Disseminate information to direct labour and sub-contractors.
Refresh and update on:
- Managing Health and Safety
- Responsibilities of Supervisors and Managers
- Measuring and Auditing health and safety performance
- Control of hazards and risks
Successful re-assessment is achieved by satisfying the following criteria:
- Full attendance of all course sessions.
- Performance in each of the four core exercises.
- An overall review by the course tutor.
- A pass mark in the 50 question multi-choice paper
Course duration: 2-days
Type of Certificate: CITB - Certificate lasts five years, after which candidates must re-sit the two-day SMSTS Refresher Course to renew and keep their certificate and qualification up to date.
Min/Max Persons on course: 6/12
Call 01925 244 144