The aims of the course are to make employees aware of hazards associated with slinging and lifting. To advise on best practices and techniques
To list the legal aspects of slinging and lifting.
Understand and be aware of their responsibilities.
Be able to identify slinging and lifting equipment.
Be able to estimate weights and centres of gravity of different loads.
Know how to inspect and store the equipment correctly.
Course content includes:
- The legal aspects of slinging and lifting
- Basic definitions
- Inspection of lifting equipment
- Estimating weights
- Finding centres of gravity
- Signals for slinging and lifting
- Practical session lifting various objects correctly
- Correct storage of equipment
- Test paper
Course Duration: 6.5 hours contact time i.e. 1 day
Type of Certificate: Competence based, valid for 3 years
Accreditations: Not applicable
Min/Max Persons on Course: 4/8
Call 01925 244 144