This refresher training is to ensure that delegates continue to have a clear understanding of the fundamentals of working in Confined Spaces. They will develop and build on existing knowledge and skills to ensure that they continue to be able to operate in a safe manner, in relation to both themselves and others.The course is suitable for people who are experienced in Confined Space working, who need to continue their accreditation and wish to refresh their skills and knowledge and be updated on any new developments.
Course content includes:
· Definition of a confined space & Water UK NC1-NC4 classifications
· Specified Risks
· Duties under the Regulations, preventing the need for entry.
· Risk Assessment and hazard identification
· Atmospheric hazards and principles and use of gas detectors
· Safe systems of work & permits to work.
· Roles, responsibilities and topman duties
· Pre use checks of all fall arrest equipment
· Inspection and use of personal escape breathing apparatus
· Practical exercises
Prerequisite: current medium risk confined space certificate