This refresher training is to ensure that delegates continue to have a clear understanding of working in high risk confined spaces whilst using self-contained open circuit breathing apparatus, specialist detection equipment,. It will require the presence of personnel who have designated responsibilities for dealing with emergencies.
Course content includes:
· Definition of a confined space including Water UK & C&G classifications
· Specified Risks
· Duties under the Regulations, preventing the need for entry.
· Risk Assessment and hazard identification
· Atmospheric hazards and principles and use of gas detectors
· Safe systems of work & permits to work.
· Roles, responsibilities and top man / bottom man duties
· Inspection and use of escape sets and working breathing apparatus
· Pre use checks of all fall arrest equipment
· Practical exercises and assessments