This course is for managers, supervisors or other persons who will have responsibilities for personnel working in Confined Spaces. It will give them the background knowledge to be able to supervise or manage such operations and to ensure that personnel involved have appropriate levels of training. Successful completion of this course would allow authorisation of confined space entries. Important - Completion of this course does not make the learner competent to enter/work in a confined space.
There is also a behavioural emphasis on those attending the course that they demonstrate a professional manner.
Course content includes:
· Legislation and Regulations
· Definition of a confined space including National Occupational standards
· Specified Risks
· Duties under the Regulations. Roles, responsibilities of key personnel
· Risk Assessment, Safe Systems of Work & Permit to Work
· Atmospheric hazards, principles of gas detectors
· Confined Space Equipment including records and inspection requirements
Pre-attendance requirement: Must be qualified as an entrant to the level he/she is managing