This refresher training is to ensure that delegates continue to have a clear understanding of working in high risk confined spaces whilst using self-contained open circuit breathing apparatus, specialist detection equipment,. It will require the presence of personnel who have designated responsibilities for dealing with emergencies.
Course content includes:
• Definition of a confined space including Water UK & C&G classifications
• Specified Risks
• Duties under the Regulations, preventing the need for entry.
• Risk Assessment and hazard identification
• Atmospheric hazards and principles and use of gas detectors
• Safe systems of work & permits to work.
• Roles, responsibilities and top man / bottom man duties
• Inspection and use of escape sets and working breathing apparatus
• Pre use checks of all fall arrest equipment
• Practical exercises and assessments
Prerequisite: current high risk confined space certificate